The Barker Biz

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thoughts for Thursday


As I was doing the dishes this morning I was thinking about all the stuff I had accomplished already at such an early hour---got Lauren up and off to babysit, folded laundry, swept the kitchen floor, fed Lyndsey her oatmeal and applesauce, gave her a bath and then got to dress and play with her. Next week at this time I won't be doing any of this, I will be back at school missing all the sweet smiles Lyndsey has for me. I have been a mom for 13 years now and it wasn't until the last 4 1/2 months that I realized what a great job that is. I always thought I wanted to be a career woman, never could I be a stay at home mom, didn't know how my mom did it all those years---now I totally understand. I now know that there is no greater joy or accomplishment in life than being a mother. I look at this pic of my beautiful girls and know that I am truly blessed--if you are a mom give your kiddos a little extra squeeze today.

1 Comments:

At August 6, 2009 at 12:20 PM , Blogger RaeAnn said...

Thanks for helping me stop for a minute and think about how very special the job of mother is in this busy time of work.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home